Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Soaring Like Eagles

I just wanted to tell a little story that you might find interesting.
It was Sunday July 8 and I walked into church and sat in the back with my husband awaiting some friends who would be joining us. Just then I happened to notice a little robin outside the window behind the band and praise team. As I watched this little bird, I noticed that it was trying to get in the building. I thought to myself, "How funny! If he'd turn around there is freedom behind him." The more I watched, the more amazed I became. It was truly intent on getting into this place where all these people were.You would think that after 15 min. of trying that it would give up and fly away,but it didn't . It came back 3 times. Meanwhile the band went down and the paster came up to preach. I opened up my bulletin to follow along and in bold print were the words "Soaring Like Eagles." Tears began running down my face . The scripture was one of my favorite "Isaiah 40:29-31. I thought to myself, " The scripture would have touched my heart by itself, but the God I know decided to add a soft personal touch to it by giving it to me in a visual." I just love when he reaches out and touches my heart with His glorious light. I pray that this week you will experience a personal touch from God that you will recognize to be His glorious light.

7 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Love ya girl!

Sharon Brumfield said...

Great post girl!
He is a God that is personal in His contact.
Talk at ya latter.

A Captured Reflection said...

Hey there, Sharon said come on over, and here I am. I have a 6 year old son and a 4 year old girl. My son was born Feb 2001 and my daughter May 2003. All the best with your third baby too.

Tracy said...

Dear Lynn:

I am Tracy, Sharon's friend. Glad to talk to you again! Love the colors and the picture on your page. Congratulations and blessings on your third baby. Loved your entry. God is so caring and precious to us and is the giver of all good things. I will probably talk to you in about a week. We are flying out Friday to visit some friends in Seattle and I won't be back till the 21st. May God continue to keep you under His wing.

Anonymous said...

I am Dee, Sharon's friend too! (she's a popular lady! ;) ). Welcome to blogdom! I love your robin story -- God is good isn't He? We've been enjoying learning from our mother hen and her seven chicks -- we've always incubated eggs to get chicks but these ones were hatched by their mom and the analogies from scripture are awesome! Enjoy your pregnancy -- I miss that time (most of it!). LOVE babies! D

mandy said...

HI!
welcome to blog-world... its soooo fun and you will be blessed!
i just recently started in this blogging thing & its a great way to connect with other sisters in christ.
i'm 28, married 4 1/2 years, no kids, i lead worship at my church, and husband in seminary..... life is pretty simple right now!
so.....what happens if i hit the red button at the bottom of your page?
haven't done it yet - don't want my screen to go blank. LOL.

Halfmoon Girl said...

Hi there! Found you through Sharon. Welcome to blogland. I just started in March and have met some great women who have encouraged me in my daily walk.

I love how God shows He cares about us in such personal ways.