Friday, July 13, 2007

My Thoughts About Mentoring

I have read two really great post today about mentoring. I totally agree that young women should have mentors in their lives. It is a wonderful thing to know that you have someone to look up to, to talk to when life gets hard. The good thing about a mentor is that they're there when times are good or bad, happy or sad. I lost my mother 4 years ago and I thought I'd never get past that. That's when God brought Sharon into my life. She has mentored me every since then. Through all my ups and downs and even rebellion, she has stuck by me. Even when God called for letting go for a while she never stopped praying and believing in me. I didn't understand that for a long time, but now that I have mentored someone myself I realize that God gives you a love for that person that even you can't understand. You find yourself loving someone with a love that cannot be explained. It comes from a place in our heart that only God can put there. I guess what I'm trying to say is if you don't have a mentor in your life pray that God will guide you to someone and if you are not mentoring someone pray that God will send someone to you, I think it is one of the most precious things that we can do in life. I pray that God will bless you always!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Wow girl. I didn't know Sharon was a mentor of your's. Precious...

I lost my Dad 4 years ago too. So I sit with you in the spirit realm on that one. There is nothing more dear to me than the spiritual fathers (and mothers) the Lord gives me.

Sharon Brumfield said...

You already know how I feel about this. I am glad God brought you into my life. I have learned a lot from our relationship.
I am honored that God gave you to me.
And I am glad that you are now passing the good on. When you open your mouth and my words come out--you'll realize you have taken more of me with you than you thought.
;)